Thursday 3 May 2012

Day 6 - I love the smell of ABS in the morning

We had a short informal talk with some Sunshine Coast Council staff members first thing in the morning. I printed the bunny-headed woman to demonstrate the capabilities of the printer. In the afternoon I attempted to print a procedurally generated geometrical shape, the results were interesting but nothing at all like the model I had sent to the printer. The STL file had some non-closed surfaces which I suspect caused the print to go... well... noodley! I shall upload a picture of that one tomorrow when I remember to photograph it. I suspect Corrie will be able to use it for something as it is still an interesting mix of hard edges and organic... noodles!

In the late afternoon I printed what may have been my first or second Sculptris model which bears a passing resemblance to a stone fish crossed with an alien shellfish. I spent some time in the afternoon creating two bridges which I hope to print tomorrow or on Saturday and worked on a skull with cogs where there should be a brain which will be a larger print for a quiet day.

To be honest I really don't like the smell of the ABS plastic, I can still smell it now and that is of some concern. I have yet to do any cleanup on the bunny-headed woman so it is still a bit rough at the moment.









No comments:

Post a Comment